PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two BA pilots questioned about mobile phone incident
Old 29th Jun 2011, 09:59
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
..........Aviation Security, despite best intentions, often lacks one basic element, Common Sense...................
Once had the pleasure of flying a Royal Personage ( at Dukedom level ) home from the USA. (nice chap, actually, came and amused us on the flight deck - shock - horror ! we allowed it ! just think, he might have been a terrorist )

Security - such as it was in those days - advised that they had received 3 bomb threats against the aircraft that day, and that even tho' all 3 had been deemed unreliable, nevertheless the flight would be delayed whilst a 'bomb search' took place. No problem with that, seemed a Common Sense decision.

Then " Security " asked what they wanted me to do if they received another threat after we had departed ? How the h*ll would I know ? I told them that I considered them to be the 'experts' and if they deemed the threat to be real then they must order a return via ATC comms. but if considered to be another hoax then don't bother me. Seemed the Common Sense thing to do.