PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helmets - Should you? and Which?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2011, 07:34
bellsux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The LH350 has it's electronics built into the back of the helmet and the visor hardware on the side which keeps the c of g down, taller drivers should like the extra head clearance. You can roll your head around quite freely with this helmet which is a plus. The ear cups are not as snug as the 250 and need to be jiggled a bit after donning the helmet. I suppose it will take me a bit of time swapping the padding to get a perfect fit. The ear cups are also quite big which pushes the shape of the helmet out sideways but gives really good passive noise reduction.

The visor levers are different shapes one each on the left and right and slide down as far as needed without friction screws. They are accessible with the front of the helmet flipping up for cleaning or changing and sit well into the helmet without risk of the microphone or visor cover scratching them.

A leather inside lining and cotton skull cap would be a good option for this helmet for hot days so it doesn't start smelling like a pair of old socks.

I have used Gentex, Alpha and the LH250 before and so far I am pretty impressed the design and feel of the LH350 and I am fairly sure this model will generate a lot of sales for Gallet.