PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVRs started.....
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2011, 07:30
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Point taken, WW. It seems to me (admittedly looking in from afar, as it were) that the Service has many things that need sorting out. The culling of Fleets, Stations, Units, etc, raises morale issues that even my excellent bosses would have been hard put to deal with. These though must be relatively shortlived, unless the process continues to its logical conclusion of total extinction.
More long term is the chronic low morale caused by the relative powerlessness of commanders to solve housing, welfare, financial worries, etc. They used to be able to. They need to be able to again. I have bored for Britain on this previously, so won't prolong the agony other than to say that nothing is sacred if operational effectiveness is at stake.
If the monster that is the MOD can be tamed, then the bean-counters that have wrought upon the Armed Services what our enemies failed to can be defeated as well. Effective subordinate commanders evolve into capable very senior officers, a species long thought to be extinct. A disciplined force needs leaders. Time the Royal Air Force treated itself to some!