PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Pilot Strike Ballot
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 18:21
Bluebaron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked for VS from 1990-2001. It had 6 aircraft and 500 employees and was great fun.

We survived the Gulf war, the BA dirty tricks campaign, we had the best product on the market and (IMO) the best people for most of my time there.

Sadly the whole airline started to go down the pan in around 2000. By no short measure around the time Mr B took his leave.

It went from being a fun place with great prospects to being a corporate company with nothing but £ signs.

The terrible J2000 project lost millions and it took another 5 years to get the lost Jcls pax back. Economy went from 34" seat pitch, best entertainment, great meals to what it is now..........enough said there i think.

Everyman and his dog knows that Singapore have been desperate to sell for years and every time Virgin reports a profit the Singapore trading report states otherwise. (That's the great thing about being a private company).

It is a great shame that this once great 'people' airline has come to this.

It has become everything that it once fought against and until that is sorted it has no hope of sorting out the mess it has got itself into.