PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 18:20
PRT2010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but is this not the same story we keep hearing....

Guys/Galls,

Is this not the same thing we always see regarding Ryanair: MASS EXODUS - RYANAIR MUST DO SOMETHING??

I am in RYR and know of many many people who are LOOKING but the questions is, as always; how many are actually leaving?? I heard from one of the trainers today that JC is off to FlyDubai as CP along with a 10 Capts? Still to find anyone who can actually confirm this, but that would be some confirmation of a trend to leave. I fly with the odd F/O who says he's applied to VS, BA, EK, etc and have seen a few leave for these pastures however overall I wouldn't say that I've personally seen a MASS EXODUS. I will say this though - the ones that have left are the ones that would of done well as a Capt - the good guys.

The pay "rise" (Reduction), base change for new Capt, pay reduction, etc is not helping the mood, true. However there are still plenty of guys who are reaping it in working days off, etc on top of their normal rosters. I will confirm that I am bouncing off 100hrs at the moment, which I haven't done since the last summer of the 5/3 in STN. However if people want to make an impact then stop talking about it and go. Personally if any of my applications come through then I will be saying Ciao and moving on. In the mean time though people should stop moaning that management aren't aware - they are, but is anyone seriously expecting the RYR Board to put a memo out on Friday confirming that the company is short of pilots??

Its Ryanair! We all knew what they were like before we joined!

Last edited by PRT2010; 28th Jun 2011 at 19:19.