PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Facts, not opinions
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 15:27
Flight100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the basic info on Airline Pilot Central - HOME current and correct?
-That info may or may not be updated. You would be better off checking the Cathay Website.

Within the Cadet program, what do you do in your 16 week transition training?
-HK ATPL testing, Hong Kong Tech exam Testing, JTS simulator training

What are you paid during your training?
-Between $400-500 a month because Cathay pays for everything else. The money you are paid is for leisure. Cathay pays for housing, food, and training.

What is the pay as SO?
-To many answers to this question in these forums and on their company website. Its currently around $46,000 HKD/ month

Is there a housing subsidy still in place?
-Yes $10,000 HKD/month

What is the amount and conditions of the bond?
-Around $200,000 USD. As part of the TT course, you will receive about 70 percent of this when you get back to Hong Kong. I believe it's over the course of six years. If you do not pass training, you are not held to the bond.

When you sign on, you're stuck for your whole career under the payscale etc in that agreement?
-Not sure.

Does the company still offer a retirement package?
-Yes. Also on company website.

With all due respect, I don't think many will answer this post, I just wanted to be nice. As tchanhk has pointed out, all of this info has either been discussed/argued to death on these forums or its located on the company website. If looking to apply at Cathay, you have to do your own homework. Good luck to you though. Hope this helps.