PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 14:52
SDFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HN39: "The other illogical element in my view is that alpha-prot law is not cancelled when AoA decreases below alpha-prot. Again I suspect that that choice has been made after intensive investigation of all the "what if"-s, but you have to ask the designers."

Perhaps it is a naive question, but why is there not more information available (public domain) about the choices made by the system designers, so that certain excellent questions raised by HN39 and others can be better addressed? I understand that there may be proprietary matters at stake but in other industries, such as my own, critical safety-related matters are fairly openly disclosed/discussed. The regulators enforce it, for one thing. Is there no technical journal in which such matters can be presented and discussed? If there is such a journal, is it serving this purpose to the full?

Anyway, I'd like to thank HN39 and others for so patiently and clearly explaining their thoughts on the matter - I speak for many who are learning a lot about Airbus detection and control systems in this thread.

Please carry on.