PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College, Ireland (Merged 2011)
Old 28th Jun 2011, 13:44
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should ask, does anybody know how one could try and get sponsorship in the UK for this type of training?
Flybe are the only UK airline to run anything near to a 'sponsorship.' There are other schemes which other UK/EIRE airlines offer but they're not exactly what you'd call anything more beneficial to the future pilot, other than the chance of a job post qualification.

Flybe offer a PART SPONSORED and MENTORED scheme, each differs in monetary value with the first being a much larger contribution to the course fee but the amount must be paid back in full over a period of time and the latter is a much smaller sum that, as far as I know, doesn't need to be paid back. The type rating doesn't have to be paid for but there will obviously be a bonding period.

In fact Flybe offer the scheme through this school and currently have a number of students training with them. I guess you would just have to wait until Flybe decide to make their next move...