PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 28th Jun 2011, 11:50
nutwrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code:
Any word on how large the deduction will be each month.

I must say, for a company that is trying hard as hell to attract quality
pilots, they have no clue how to go about it.

Your little big man at the helm is screwing himself royally this time.
No one knows exactly as it depends on how much you are bonded for??
But looks like it effectively wipes out the recent pay rise for any new joiners or anyone who changes fleet

With regards to the chief not being aware of this new policy as he is away at the Paris air show that is simply not true..
Anyone who has worked for QR is well aware that nothing happens in this airline without the chiefs knowledge/permission

And yes it seems like they are determined to shoot themselves in the foot with regards to pilot recruitment/retentment.
Payrise was given because so many people have resigned recently even by QR standards..

But even that has managed to seriously p*ss off a huge majority of the pilot community!!
Because they removed a part of every pilots contract without any consultation what so ever. As now any pilot who does not live near a QR destination is now required to pay for the part of the trip home on any non QR flights. For our South American brothers, which form a very big part of QR this is a massive kick in the nuts! (when u consider the average ticket price of a family of 4)

I leave it up to you whether this is the kind of place you would like to join...

Now I am just waiting for stockholm syndrome sufferer Kijangnim to tell me how amazingly well run this airline is....

Well to quote yourself Kijangnim

I dont believe in it for the following reason:
First, Chief will never approve such thing
Second, considering that,
The "pay rise" did not trigger the expected effect (but in fact it triggered the exact opposite)
The ALT amplified point 1
More resignations are being filled (as I am typing)
So, if it was true, it would mean that:

The "Higher Management"
doesnot want more pilot to join QR.
doesnot want fleet tranfer
doesnot want command upgrade
Considering the high number of aircraft expected in the coming years, considering EY,EK recruitment, along with European Airlines recruitment on the rise, it would be shooting a bullet in QR's foot.
So this is why I dont believe at all in the story.
So now please tell us how amazingly well run this place is....