PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you do it... the work/family juggle.
Old 28th Jun 2011, 11:46
knox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duxnutz - Thanks, I have some mates in Darwin (single and no commitments) they are struggling to find work at the moment. But I won't let that put me off

Rocket - Nice to know i'm not alone. A lot of very difficult decisions to make.
I wish you luck in your journey too.

Home sick - The meet and greet would work for me, maybe do a quick trip and leave the fam at home, but then I guess I need to decide how long should the trip be - keeping the fam in mind... fairly tough decision with a new born and first kid to boot.

Mattyj - As much as I'd like to be up front... I think the "oh, did I forget to mention this is my kid" line might be of benefit when one is competing with free and easy youngins

The Bunglerat - I very blessed that the wife is very supportive of my career and will follow me where ever I need to be, but not to sure if the next step (job/employer) would be so understanding... however she is very qualified in the finance/accounting sector, so maybe she can score a job near by.

ardmorehardcore - keep me posted.

NoSign - Yep very understanding wife.. she can see that I have limited time to climb the ladder. Have been in my current job for 4 years now and can go no further, airlines are not what I am really aiming for... my dream job would be corporate or working for a private company flying staff around or a gig flying floats would be sweet too. I feel I am more suited to the GA sector.

Thanks for the replies.... please keep the suggestions coming... it does make me feel there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Knox.