PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 10:42
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face

Sorry FortyOdd I missed the post where you had said it had happened [and still cannot find it] but thanks for the clarification anyway.

There seems to be an expectation that [unlike eveyone else] that because I only have one handle [unlike everyone else] I will not open my trap unless its 100% Kosher. Well I repeat [again] I do not [and will not] be so constrained!

There is a sea of disinformation around and I am as bad as anyone at being temporarily duped [but hopefully not for too long each time] by the duff stuff.

It goes back 40 odd years when you are told by the grizzled old skipper to stand in the middle of the road and spout in a loud and authorative voice.... [hoping to hide your very red and youthful face face in the shadow of the helmet]

"Did anyone see what happened?"

The reply as we all know is usually a wall of silence and a wish to get out of there asap.

Then the seemingly daft questions are asked face to face and finally you ask one daft enough to get the tart and superior reply.

So thanks, I got the answer and its been a long long time since I flushed up over being the pratt who asked!

But I am still remain puzzled at why the very recent Hampshire CC report to the Hants PA is apparently identical to the October 2010 report [and I have not yet done a word by word check between the two, so we are talking flavour here].

I know what is said here and on other organs of opinion should not have any bearing on the NPAS plan but I would have thought that the [alleged Pprune reported] pressures from elsewhere [ie South Yorkshire CC, Dyfed-Powys, Southend Airport] would have resulted in a significant or at least readily identifiable change in the plans in the last eight months. Even if you totally discount the Pprune stuff some of the other material is real enough and supported by Police Authority minutes.

'Puzzled' is not a statement of fact by the way...... more a 'Did anyone....'