PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai - DXB to KBL
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 08:50
dubaigong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Rolandpull,

I can not verify if what you are saying is correct BUT if I was you I would write a letter to the company and ask for some explanation.

I have been operating to KBL quite a few times and never had to face this kind of problem despite the fact that you are correct , depending on the weather condition ( wind , temperature etc.. ) the landing weight is limited due to the requirement to be able to clear the high terrain in case of a missed approach with an engine failure....

It is true that we are trying to carry as much fuel as possible from DXB due to the very high fuel price at KBL and the fact that we need to have an acceptable alternate diversion in case of problem in KBL.

Nevertheless , I doubt the company will leave passenger luggage behind just to save some money on the fuel price and have a lot of passengers angry with a bad image of the company !!!

Now about the decision taken by the captain to divert due to a medium braking action reported by a previous aircraft , I was not there and so will not start to comment without all the parameters in my hand...
This decision could have been wrong or right depending on the landing weight , wind , temperature , runway in use etc... at that time.

But for sure as you were a passenger , I wonder where you have had your information from and still doubt that they are all correct as you should be careful about who told you this.

I know by experience that the information made public are very often completely wrong.

I remember a " bomb hoax " story a few months ago in which information were available on the internet even before the aircraft was back to the base and the all story made public at that time was completely wrong and exaggerated...
So don't always believe what you hear unless it comes from a reliable source and preferably from the people directly involved.