PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air
Thread: Wizz Air
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 07:03
FLEXPWR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narrow Runway

Thanks for your insight. Why no allowance in CLJ or TGM? could that be because the housing is costing a third of what you find in BBU? Could that be that when you go to the restaurant in Cluj you will pay 50 lei for dinner for 3 persons?

As for Wizzair being inondated with unemployed pilots, it may be true, but the ones with proper experience, I doubt. I can see numerous roster days where I don't have an FO until the night before, I am called on my days off on a regular basis (once a month) from Budapest because they're short of piloot/captains. Maybe the "inundating pilots" don't have the right experience, or maybe after applying when they find out they will be sent to CLJ or TGM, they think twice.

On the BBU specifics, although everyone thinks they are special, well, BBU is a bit special, as it is filled with expats, commuting pilots who otherwise would not be able to work in Wizzair on any other base (in Romania in the example), as TGM for example leaves pilots with little or no commuting possibilities.

And when these expats will have finally enough (enough hours to get out or enough of the degrading conditions, whichever comes first), I hope I'll be around to see the available Romanian pilots (with due respect) inundating BBU offices to beg for a job.

There are little or no pilots available from Romania to fill the gaps. And the few available are very aware, by now, that the pay has been cut by more than 30% as an F/O.

Pilots will vote with their feet, it's as good an any union on the long term.

Flex