PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot fined after landing helicopter in village car park
Old 28th Jun 2011, 06:59
Runway101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On there it says the helicopter is owned by someone else entirely.
Syndicate, co-ownern, holding company, operator, friend, proxy, family, etc. Could have many reasons, certainly not odd.

I had to go down on a hill in Germany a few years ago (was transiting over Germany from Switzerland) because the LHS door popped open. Later back at base I checked what would have been the correct action taken for Germany, and made a note of exact location, time, etc, just in case someone comes knocking on my door. Turns out I'd have had to introduce myself to the owner of the land (how'd I ever find out who owns the hill??), leave my contact details, the details of my insurance in case they found out later I caused damage, but after that I would have been free to take off again. Some German pilot I spoke to later that day told me he'd have also called local police, just to tell them everything is fine and where to reach him. If I'd have gone by the (German) book, passengers would have had to leave in a taxi until I figured out what to do and where to find the right farmer for my hill, just to leave my contact details.