PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 06:17
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Va bene Vittorio! (ie. no problem VFR). What with WASP, WOSP and BUZZ .. and then there was a Wasp Helicopters (an altogether separate outfit so I believe) it can become a little confusing.

Ah yes well, the march of time is relentless Dennisimo and it doesn't take long before one realises that life has us on this carousel which jollies us from cradle to grave with alarming efficiency! Still, hopefully, we get to collect some memorable moments along the way and which 'album of life' we might sometimes share with those who have the strength to endure our various tales.

Well done to The Hoff for hosting you with his former Squadron.

However the college who owned the land wouldn't allow entry of the recovering truck without an exhorbitant indemnity.
Apparitions of the elves and their safety culture even then! Shame.

Dennis in his Meteor!

By the way Dennis, if you do have any images from your Meteor days please email me - we should preserve them along with the rest of your photos.

Celtic Rangers ... continued ..

Another obscure (to me) Highlands outfit were Kestrel (on the other side of the bluff to you Wigan):

Inverness-based 'Kestrel Helicopters' evidently operated this Bell 206B G-AWUC seen here at Inverness in the summer of 1974 (Photo: Peter Nicholson)