PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Pilot Strike Ballot
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 03:03
doubleu-anker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am no fan of RB by any stretch of the imagination. However I agree with a lot of what he writes.

The days of the "big buck" are gone for pilots, forever. If the strike does go ahead it will probably finish VS. If RB does cave in, all the other trades will also want a rise and I believe it when he says the money wont be there.

The pilots are not indispensable, neither is the airline. Yes as mentioned it will take time to replace pilots. W.W. must be hoping like hell you pilots do go ahead with your action. Every employee at Sabena thought they and the airline were indispensable and look what happened there. If RB pulls the plug a lot of the ex employees and their families will be in for some very hard times indeed.

If the suits are the problem why don't you threaten strike action for "regime change"? If the strike does go ahead I think it could be the beginning of the end for VS., then it will be just another airline that went bust on the long list that is already. All airlines are being priced and taxed out of existence and a lot of the travelling public have probably had a guts full of it already. Who the hell wants to travel by air in their leisure time?? I don't that's for sure.

The dream and the good times are over. If you have a job that pays the bills and you can save a bit, you are in the minority. I think things financially, will only get worse globally but I hope I am wrong.