PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How did you do it... the work/family juggle.
Old 28th Jun 2011, 01:43
knox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you do it... the work/family juggle.

Gidday everyone.
Just wondering how other pilots have got on with finding jobs in the early stages of their careers with a young family in tow.

My current situation is that I have a young family (wife + 1 infant and i'm in my very early 40's, yes a late career change), I have all the usual aviation trimmings - CPL MECIR ATPL(papers only) 1200+hrs TT.
Currently working full-time, but on a low salary and flying single engine only aircraft. I think at this stage of my career I really need to move on to something with more potential for advancement.
The only problem is i'm not sure of the best way of achieving this.

Is there anyone in cyber land that has travelled this path in the past and can offer some sound advice on the best way of moving on ie. leave the family behind travel solo to find work vs taking the family along for the ride, also when applying for a position do i omit some details like dependents etc?

I guess at this stage i should put it out there - if there is anyone out there that is looking for a mature and responsible pilot that will commit for a decent length of time. I'm happy to work anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.... actually i'd consider pretty much anywhere in the world PM me.

I thank you for any info you may have offer on this matter.

Knox.