PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2011, 00:05
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite a number of aviation related tweets I hear went to #qanda last night but none made it to air ......

....maybe a qanda episode without mindnumbing rhetoric about climate change and boat people (just once) would leave time for other issues!!!!

yep - definately time to pressure the Minister for Mascot and his tribal council of (small m) minders - but don't be too direct as the pathway back to Q is very short these days. Might be better to arm the Opposition and slip a few breadcrumb trails to the smarter journos?

Speaking of the Minister's minders - I'm very reliably informed that a copy of the Senate Inquiry went to QF BEFORE it was tabled. Typically these kind of reports understandably go to Ministers etc., prior to publication - but in addition to the reliable tip off - a CC has sent me a copy of standing order to Q CC redefining the FRMS policy and procedure.

According to the CC it was written and approved the day prior to the release of the Senate Inquiry Report and there allegedly was no consultation with their Unions, OHS Committees or even the crew themselves. Having a read it seems a very hasty document with more than a few critical flaws. - Also would have thought that it would have been appropriate to notify the Regulator (the order is after all part of the ever changing, QF multiple choice, which version is that in, Operator's Manual....)

Given FRMS is the one very weak knee in Joyce's offshore adventure agenda it does seem more than a convenient coincidence.

AT

#nomoredullclimatechangestuffonqandaplease

PS: From another source, I hear there's more than a bit of lobbying going on re: a hefty grant app from Q & its associates re biofuels. Q has already put in a bucketload of cash but not a word from Joyce on how much and the projected ROI. For that matter - even which business unit funded it