PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines order A380s
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2011, 23:29
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeing Guru

Max,

I admit to preferring Boeing, but only because their airplanes last longer and fly more reliably. I appreciate the cockpit technology and quiet cabins Airbus employs. The 330 seems to be clearly superior to the 767, and the 320neo may well be the airplane that forces Boeing to design a new single aisle. I have every confidence that the 350 will be a good airplane by 2020 (much later than the 787). Yet I find the fact that Airbus has yet to build a great 4 engine aircraft puzzling. The 340 was essentially crushed by the 777, and the 380 may never break even for Airbus if the -8I steals enough marketshare. Similarly, Airbus has essentially surrendered the entire large cargo market.

So while Paris may appear to make Airbus look dominant. The reality is that Boeing is a far more profitable company. I would argue that much of Boeing's financial health stems from the fact that it builds a superior aircraft from an airline operator's perspective. Airbus continues to rely on government subsidies to sell their aircraft at steeply discounted prices.

CXorcist