PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2011, 20:14
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
There are currently loads of documents out there that seem, in the main, to be various forces introducing NPAS to their Police Authority. Most of these are naturally dated October-November last year and follow a standard pattern as far as content goes.

This year, well in the last month or so, the documents have been such as those already mentioned between North Mids and the ECPM members. Clearly the prices required by the maintainers went up at the end of March and then there is a presentation to the PA up north and then other documents setting out the intent. As the Essex document was dated within the last week it would seem that the 'deal' has not been agreed by all parties just yet. That does not mean NM have not been to ECPM but I expect not just yet. Potentially a July 1 start but maybe August 1. If the 400 has just been done [by EC?] there will not be a mad rush now. The additional engineer I missed is not likely to start next week [and may not be required next year].

I guess the above you will have read for yourselves anyway [and arrived at your own conclusions].

There is another document out there that is dated 23 June and it is a briefing by Hampshire/NPAS to the Hants Police Authority. 'Proposal for a National Police Air Service (NPAS)' and apparently penned by the ACPO Lead.

The content is pretty much identical to everything that was written in October 2010. Despite the earlier post here about 'Southend' being dropped that and Colerne etc remain the same. All the same aircraft deletions and dates of implementation.

So, according to that document its all 'no change' despite all our squabbling here and our expectation that NPAS would evolve - and an assumption that me might sit on the sidelines and 'discuss' as we see it evolve as a result of the NPAS team learning lessons.

According to this document the plan has not evolved, it is as written prior to consultation - the 2010 plan remains the plan for 2012.