PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opinions please re- blood pressure/medical
Old 27th Jun 2011, 19:53
ozziecrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions please re- blood pressure/medical

Hi guys

I am about to undertake a class 1 medical for flying in the UK and I need some opinions or past experiences please.

I have a fear of doctors which make me quite uncomfortable which increases my blood pressure and heart rate to levels up to 150-170.

I have had many tests 2 years ago regarding this as the doctors though I may have HBP, everything has come back fine.

Since February I monitor my BP every day roughly 2-3 times a day and log it in a spreadsheet. I use a BP montior that is reliable and has a guarantee, so not a dodgy cheap one!!

Now when I go for my class 1 medical, how much of this information would be taken on board by the doctor, would they believe me? (because anyone can enter these readings to be honest).I also have recorded myself taking the pressure to proove it is me. From what i have done on my research that with my age the max level is 140/90. I know once I get confortable with the doc is slowly decreases. I guess I'm just hoping a doctor would be paitent with me to realise it's just nerves in a clinical condition.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated thanks all!