PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai - DXB to KBL
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2011, 16:27
rolandpull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flydubai - DXB to KBL

Flew with these guys a couple of days ago, but not with my baggage.

Spent an hour sat on the jet on the ramp waiting for a small 'operational problem' to be resolved. All this time 3 trolleys of bags were for-mating off the stbd wing melting in the midday sun.

Jet taxies and the baggage falls out of formation. 30 mins into flight I ask a cabin crew member if all the baggage got on - "some didnt" was the reply.

I sit contemplating if I may be lucky in the baggage lottery. I pass the time trying to figure out why there is a paxing FDXB crew sat in the overwings, hogging the inflight cabin service for a full 15 minutes. Service over I ask the Cabin supervisor if he or the captain had the contact number for the Station manager in KBL, explaining that this airport is not the easiest place in the world to recover unaccompanied baggage. A big smile from the crew member "nothing was left behind and everything is on board" Hooray! I settle into the new Foo Fighters album.

Moving onto to KBL, we arrive and get to the baggage carousel and wait for 40 mins - yes, no baggage was loaded in DXB.

The paxing crew? well they took over the a.m flights aircraft that had diverted to Karachi because the vis was down to 3500m and they required 4000? That jet should have left KBL ETD 0840, ATA 1700ish. A colleague on this jet said the trip from DXB took some 9 hours!

I had another colleague that flew out on this delayed jet having flown into KBL two weeks previous - with his luggage offloaded in DXB just like me!

My point? Why to FDXB op an aircraft (738) on a 2.5 hr sector that cant handle a full pax load, let alone attempt to load any baggage? My guess is that they might carry round trip fuel - but to the detriment of those that are paying for the fuel.