PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIFR vs CIR
Thread: PIFR vs CIR
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2011, 13:25
Flopt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cir ,mecir ,pifr...

Did my initial CIR in a C210 [some of the training in PA28s]...thought it was quite economical...
[just looked up old logbooks: 14.2 in AST300 'sim' and 11.6 in aircraft inc. test spread over 7 months]

...then after second renewal ,CPL, ME endos on PA44,BE76,C310 went to MECIR [1.0 in 'sim' &11.9in aircraft inc test spread over 3 mnths...]

Have never 'worked' in aviation just did it to improve my 'skills& safety'...

My advice would be to find someone happy to do CIR ....I don't think starting with a very basic PIFR and working your way up in bits is a safe plan...[ifr on top is not very smart , without approaches]...but if you get a PIFR [it's just a book entry and a few extra dollars] with your CIR you can then do 2 yearly renewals [operate on PIFR for 12mnths]...as long as you practice enough to stay safe...and use it VERY JUDICIOUSLY !

...never launch from crappy wx into crappier wx...don't risk your neck or anyone else's if you suspect you are not up to it...just common sense but extra important with SE.

It is very good for discipline and improving flying skills...go for it.

Flopt

Dang-nab-it...worries me when the Doc and I think alike....I could get 'moderated'...

Last edited by Flopt; 27th Jun 2011 at 13:49.