PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - best Airlines 2011
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2011, 20:40
I.R.PIRATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, Mr. White Knight, what is going to stop it?

Flown in the back recently?

FAs couldnt care less about seatbacks during take off and landing, especially if the occupant is a dishdashing fellow...could it be a cultural thing?

Pax do pretty much what they want, when they want - total lack of order aboard. FAs couldn't care a toss. The service ethic has died - and I would probably ascribe that to the class level of a large portion of the pax using EK these days, but...and its a big but - your airline is reflected in its service levels.

The aircraft are dirty, nay filthy inside - its like the DXB airport-toilet-chic is catching...its about time for foreign airports to require yellow fever and the rest of the vaccination list for any passenger disembarking off an EK aircraft. Being quite a filthy chap myself at times - even I cringe at touching any part of the superstructure around my seat - including the IFE control that is always covered in some unspecified, somewhat liquidy mucousy entity. Guess some dripped off the screen - but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. Tastes pretty awful too.

Its not up to the flight deck crew to fix that situation - I know what their job description is, and I have sympathy in many cases, but the cabin is a pigsty. The last flight I took, if it werent for the logos and colours, I would not have been able to differentiate between an EK cabin and the last time I flew in the DRC.

Been flying EK for nearly two decades now, and slide is so apparent its not even funny. Sad.

Flying with four FAs now who have recently come from EK, and they say exactly the same thing.

So Mr.White Knight....you gonna keep or are you going to fetch me my Shrubbery?