PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2011, 18:54
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
I rather see things as you do SFFP. It is because I disagree with caz, Walter, and of course we must not forget the eminence grise JP, that I welcome their posts.
The reason that this long running thread is a sticky is that 29 people died in this tragedy, and that two of them were found to have been Grossly Negligent in causing it. Never mind that the rules required that such a finding be with absolutely no doubt whatsoever, it was in fact with absolutely no proof whatsoever! The Royal Air Force is shamed with a scandal as infamous as that of the Dreyfuss Case.
There are those who post here sincere in the belief of what they write, among those I would include Walter. There are others who have chosen to prop up a dishonourable and increasingly ragged cover-up, either in misplaced loyalty to a discredited higher command or for more personal motives of self-preservation. I do not care to question individuals' motives, that is for them and their consciences, but this is not a game or a running joke about little green men. This is about Gross Negligence at the highest levels of the RAF, of illegal orders to subvert Regulations, and of cowardly and malevolent efforts thereafter to prevent that being known about. Most of all it is about a fatal air accident, and its totally inadequate investigation. We shall now never know for sure why those 29 victims died that day. We do know that the aircraft they were in was Grossly Unairworthy and should not have been Released to Service into the RAF in that state. If for no other reason we owe it to their memory to ensure that never happens again. The UK military urgently needs a separate and independent MAA and MAAIB, and time is of the essence.