PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2011, 18:19
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given the disastrous performance to date on Belfast-Stansted, I think it would take a very brave (or very rich) person to suggest replicating the rest of the domestic routes into Stansted.
Flightrider, I cant see much in the way of developments for any airlines in UK domestic routes ex London, what with recession, improved road and rail etc, and given that bmi have closed GLA and Ryanair axing PIK STN well looks like the yield is not there.

I think bmibaby entering the fray at STN to Europe would be pure suicide, given the lack of brand presence in London plus the sheer volume of competition and frequency on most main routes with EZY & Ryanair. Flyglobespan didnt last long on STN routes, so what chance for WW?

As regards BHD STN routes the odds were stacked against WW from the word go, given nobody in London would think of checking WW for a flight to Belfast. In NI a good reputation and a good level of marketing going on.

If I am not mistaken FR had 4 daily STN BFS services a day in each direction each day whereas WW has 3 a day mon-Fri and 1 on Sunday.
So that would be WW 16 return a week compared FR 28, and add the difference in seating capacity WW 132? V FR 159 (avg 149 and 169?).
Nonetheless a soft start on the route. Lets hope for WW sake it picks up.

EI-BUD