PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR offshore letdown procedure
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2011, 12:35
Night Watchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab,

As you sit on top of ‘Brokedown Yellowcab’ Mountain looking down on your fellow pilots with contempt whilst pouring scorn on the rest of the aviation world who dare to fly aircraft without the RAF emblem emblazoned on the side, have you really ever considered that there is more than one way to achieve an tasking even if it isn’t written down in the RAF rule book?

I seem to recall that your argument for not having a dual hoist fit on the Sea King is that you have never needed a second hoist. (Actually, I think your argument is generally along the lines of - if it isn't in a Sea King then its rubbish.) My argument to you is that I have never needed a rearwards facing radar. There we go, we can all move on....

Personally I would prefer to have a radar that points in the direction the aircraft is going, that can be viewed by both pilots and even the winchop or winchman, rather than a radar that points backwards. It makes sense to me but clearly not to you. So be it.

Glad to see that you can be just as sensitive as everyone else on this site! It makes you seem a little bit more human.... that’s a good thing. We can start your rehabilitation back in to society now!

NW