PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shamrock hiring
Thread: Shamrock hiring
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2011, 09:30
max tanking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing you have to know about the EI HR dept is, they are as incompetent as they come. They dislike the flight crew fraternity, and would probably go out of their way to choose someone because they were not related to a current EI pilot.

I know there have been cases in the past, but they seem to not like to be told who to interview. I myself, do not see any harm in being able to vouch for someone, and let them go through the recruitment process as every other joe.

They will be recruiting again, their are a huge number of guys moving onto pastures new. Just waiting for start dates and the like.

There is no system in place to help them choose whom to interview, apart from the top few forms in front of them at the precise moment in time they are asked to fill interview slots. They have no real comprehension of what a/c types are, or what quality experience is. You will find that the odd one will know of Oxford or Jerez as an approved school, only because they were used by them at one point for cadets. But there is no real understanding of what they should be looking for. I'm not into starting a debate on schools, just trying to highlight that there is no real reason why some were called, and some not.

Good luck to all of those looking for a move to EI, but be under no illusion you will not be working for a legacy carrier. Their are better place to rest your hat.

Last edited by max tanking; 26th Jun 2011 at 09:42.