PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways...Do Not Believe The Hype
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2002, 08:40
MTQatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crews operating a 5 hour sector into one of the worlds most demanding airports Katmandhu on a turnaround basis in the height of the monsoon season.

Cabin Crew temporarly yes but Flight Deck Crew are not flying turn around. It is also perfectly legal. All the Cabin Crew that do the turnaround flights to KTM and TRV also got QR250 bonuses.

Crews operating Trivandrum turnaround, again not far off 5 hours each sector in the height of the monsoon season with a reporting time of midnight.

Same as above.

Crewmembers rostered to operate these sorts of duties 4 to 5 times a month.

Legal days off now given down route with crews spending no more than 4 - 5 days a month at home in Doha with their families.

On average 8 days are given of in Doha every month but some get 9 or 10 days.

Flight Crew Limitations recently amended to make crews work even harder

The amendments were actually made to make the local regulatory law similar to that of other regulatory authorities around the world

Crew fatigue now at dangerous levels with these inhuman rosters

That is also not true, I have seen the rostering computer database where you can see the rosters of all the Crew. They rostering was very good in my opinion with many off days, and plenty of time between flights to rest. Thought it is true that crews were given some days

A320 flights recently operated by 3 cabin crew

First of all this is legal and second of all it never happened. QR has 6 flight attendants as standard on their A320's for 144 passengers and with he recent expansion some flights leave with 5 flight attendants (similar to GF) and the lowest number of F/A's on the A320's was 4 and it was mainly on short flights.

A300 flights with full loads now being operated with 6 cabin crew

Same as above, the smallest number of F/A's on QR's A300 was 8 but normally they are 11 (IIRC). This is only temporary untill more crew come online.

Staff leaving by the dozen, the majority due to extreme company dissatisfaction

Cabin Crew Turnonver percentage wise is actually the same number as that at Emirates and is less than that of Gulf Air.

The problem is not the Qatari's (good people), not Doha, not the staff, the problem is Akbar Al Baker, I know it, the staff knows it, Lufthansa know it.....

The Lufthansa Audit found out few short comings on QR's side. One of these is that QR doesn't have an Emergency Response Center (since QR are using EK's center) and some other issues regarding certain members in management (not Al-Baker thos of you who really know about this will understand who I am talking about). The issues are being addressed with Lufthansa Consultants and you'll soon see the codeshare re-instated.

otfsne,

These are serious accusations that you are making and if you don't have any proof please refrain from doing this again as this can be considered slander.

flatcherokee

After all EK decided not to fly at all, GF reduced flights. But what had this convoluted commercial GM say.... train more pilots on a simulator and fly 14 flts a week from next year. One manager said that he is only interested in showing pax load factors at any cost to save his job.
You are trying to imply that this current GM was the one who proposed doubling frequency into KTM. The first time I heard of QR's intention to double frequency was in 2000 when neither Lee Shave nor Mr. Fathi were GM Commercials. Also the frequency was doubled during the reign of Lee Shave and is actually only 11x week now due to ASA limitations.

You also mentioned that anything more than 7x frequencies is risky I disagree. Previously the A300-600R was needed to cope with the demand, the A300-600R is larger, heavier and is less suited for KTM operations than the A320 (at least from what I have been told) and if god forbid something happened more than 250 people could die in this crash. With the increase of flights you can use the A320 but still be able to cope with demand, and if anything should happen a max. of 152 people would be on board lowering risk of more deaths.

Last edited by MTQatar; 7th Oct 2002 at 08:54.