PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Joyce Chief Executive Qantas June 22/6/11 Address to the National Press Club"
Old 26th Jun 2011, 02:53
WoodenEye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst what is stated above by Cloudbuster and Worthwhat is by and large correct, the world is soon to be a lot different to when the Sale Act was written and getting more financially precarious as time marches on.
In circumstances where job security and the continued growth of Qantas are at stake, it is necessary, I believe, to come up with a business plan not hamstrung by management aggression and/or employee rigidity.
It is certainly not right that employees be asked to bear the cost management’s mistakes, but people do need to be willing to adapt to changing global circumstances.
I have written elsewhere on this site about how this can be achieved and hopefully the idea will soon start to resonate.
Management have an obligation to lead and thus far they are not doing so. If they ever do, I can only hope that all involved are astute enough to know what an olive branch looks like.