PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF shares hit $2.00, discuss
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2011, 02:16
Romulus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ultergra
Interesting AJ...
QF called for a trading halt, as then the whole fricken world will be watching his sob story that he is apparently losing money. This is a stage that AIPA can not fight on, which is very bloody sad.
Why not? Of course you can fight in this territory, AJ has raised the story now you can use it against him. Pilots earn too much – how much is the average pilot wage, what is the average pay of senior management as a comparison? How many useless positions are there? What are the loads the pilots cart around the world – i.e. demonstrate that if QF get rid of the hangers on then suddenly they become very profitable.

Pilots (and Engineers) are asking for too much – well, what HAVE their pay rises been? How does that compare to the Board and CEO? Management in general? Can’t talk for pilots but if the average Engineer is earning $150K then I’d be stunned and furthermore if the average cost centre related manager (i.e. those not directly involved in getting passengers moved who would be profit centre management) ISN’T earning at least $150K then I’d be double stunned. Frame the argument as a response to AJ’s BS and use it against him. But you MUST keep it short sharp and sweet, and (for the pilot rep) stop coming across as some pompous spoilt flyboy. Engage with people in general, don’t be all haughty and get everyone offside or you lose big time. You need support.

This is QF warfare at it's best. It's time to vote yes, screw then for every single dollar and cent we can all drain out of their little slush fund. They do have deep pockets, but they dont want to lose money. So lets pressure them to a point that they threaten to close doors.
Makes you as bad as them and you will lose any public support you have for your case with that approach (and rghtly so). You will give AJ exactly what he is looking for – a stick to beat you with. Ask for what you like but take something reasonable.