PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA V QF Jetconnect
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2011, 01:36
Wideglider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny how a little ash cloud free's up one time so turning to the computer I end up on Prune!!

standard, I had typed quite a long reply to you but flicking between web pages I inadvertaintly closed Prune losing everything. In reflection probably for the best, so here's my short reply!
I do understand, Jetstar NZ did this too us and indoing so closed the CHC base causing significant problems for many! I hold no grudge to the Jetstar NZ pilots, indeed some are friends!
Also 15 years ago, at a company I worked for, we were in contract negotiations. The inevitable stalemate ocurred! Strike action resulted!
The company replied by placing full page adds in the national papers say what overpaid [ yes they quoted highest paid rated, not the average, sound familiar.] underworked primma donna's we all were! Being in the top 5% of income earners, the public believed the company line. [again sound familiar.] This really p.ss.d many of us off!!! Unfortunately for the company there were jobs available in Europe, the desert and Hong Kong as well as others, so many of us, including myself, left!
This left the company with a critical manning shortage that took quite a while to sort out but they did get through it.
In saying this I am not recommending this to any Mainline pilots as I think you would possibly be playing right into mangement's hands and save them a fortune in redundancy
With regard to your points,
a, You are "Qantas", so you must be better, more experienced, than me as an individual or group for group! Whow, big call fellow! The whole world would be interested in that one!
b, When I joined Jetconnect the Qantas HR lady over from Syd told me during my interview that the assessment criteria I and the others went through was the same as that used for Mainline. Having never applied to Mainline or Air NZ for that matter due to my aversion to back of the clock and long haul flying after doing many years of night freight, I have no idea if this was true. All I can say is I have never, not got a job, I have applied for!
c, I know this is simplified but mangement set the rates, I just "fly's me aeroplane" where they tell me!

Tempo, Yes, This is the situation we have found ourselves in and we are all facing the problem to different degree's.

Going Boeing, I have re-read your post but I am a realist.
Chances are in several months, I may be paid more money, I may continue as I am today, I may have an Orange Star on my tail or I may be applying for a new job, hoping that my previous good luck with job hunting still holds true.

To summarise I DO understand, I DO sympathise, I WILL support in any way I can!

May I also say that in many posts there are pilots blaming other pilots for their problems when in many instances it is the manouvering of the mangement, present and past, that have created these situations!
Perhaps the time for understanding and forgiveness is upon us, so that mutual support and unity might just help everyone prevail!
Or perhaps Sunfish is right!

Back to my original posts theme, can we not be civil to each other?

framer, I would go fishing with you! Those that know me will understand this statement!

Wideglider.