PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 26th Jun 2011, 01:20
zerotohero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WaveyDavey

You start getting paid once you are safety pilot released, which is average 20 sectors so around middle of your 2nd week line training

type course from initial week doing dangerous goods etc is about 10 weeks then base training then line training so expect about 3 months from day one until 1st paid day then its a month in arrears so could stretch to 4 months before you see your first €!!!

its a tough time if you have commitments like a mortgage etc and some guys are so broke its been known to find F/O's sleeping in there car in the airport car park! sad state of affairs for whats viewed from the outside as a golden career!

think long and hard about a position as more and more guys starting are saying why the F*** did I do all this work for this S*** in some Sh**hole a thousand miles from friends and family spending all my money on commuting and living where I don't want to be!,,, its a long 4 years to command and semi decent money and that is likely to get longer now with no more deliveries after next year and not many at that.

but it is nice in the blue at FL380 when its all working nice