PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 20:55
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Olympic cable car 'at risk from City Airport planes'
Sorry if this is old for some, but I thought it was so outrageous I had to mention it. If anything in this article were remotely true, it should read 'City Airport planes at risk from Olympic cable car!'

I thought FoE's job was to look after the environment, since when have they been appointed as guardians of public safety? And speaking of which, shouldn't they be pointing out that the whole Olympic games concept is an enourmous wastage of steel & concrete for just 2 weeks' usage!

Much as though I love cable cars, they tend to be most useful where there is a gradient to climb - creating a huge tensile structure to go over flat docks is highly inefficient - don't FoE have engineers to tell them this.

So I think that's a big shut up to FoE on 3 counts. Oh and the whole tax the crap out of everyone without building the high speed rail infrastructure first, then complain that a double hit of APD on domestic flights is STILL not enought - think that makes 4!

Not that FoE will have many supporters on these forums but the rant was needed anyway!