PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental C90 with Evra Prop (D11 28 1B)
Old 25th Jun 2011, 20:38
Smudger2487

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated....

It looks like the take off engine performance may be normal then.... it certainly doesnt "leap" into the air though.

Stiknruda asked about the last TOH..... (technically I dont think it has ever had one..... ?)

However....the last top end overhaul occured 401 Hours ago (7 years) which included a new No.3 cylinder / piston, new piston rings for No.1, 2, 4 & all valve seats cut & lapped. Also at that time, new Oil pump & camshaft gears were fitted.
Then more recently 216 Hours ago (2007) it had a new crankshaft (due to a hairline crack found in the prop mounting flange by a very good LAA inspector - new one supplied & fitted by Isenburg engineering). Also at this time the magneto's had their 500 Hour inspections.

Then 145 hours ago the carb was "serviced & rebuilt" with many new components (float kit, single piece ?? venturi etc).

The compressions feel good during the pre-flight prop swing but I have decided to check the compressions tomorrow morning, I will have to do this with an automotive compression tester as I dont currently have access to a differential cylinder compression tester.... but it should give an indication of any differnces across the cylinders.......

Thanks again for the help / advice / feedback....
Andy