PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happened to me?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 19:41
echobeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a lot of bureaucracy.
Nothing is made easy
There is some risk ( i am sure much of this you can mitigate with training careful planning etc)
I cant really believe this is as dangerous as a motorcycle. I have done both and with a bike it was usually the others not myself that made the risk. With flying it's the other way round.

I agree totally with van horck.
Most of us won't own our jet. It won't be the answer to avoiding commercial travel etc etc ......
It's sometimes a huge hassle.

But ...... The moment those wheels leave the tarmac or grass all that goes away. I had a moment of doubt *like this last week. I am currently doing my JAA ME IR. I thought who am I kidding. Why am I doing this. I *am an average ppl. Will never fly commercially etc.*

But friday am I left a north London field flew in perfect vmc and flew across Kent down along the white cliffs, looked at France and landed. Earth has been here billions of years and maybe for 60 years a few privileged ppls can do that.*

Well that's really worth it in my book. England looks amazing on a sunny day from the air and there is the immediate reward that you have done something worthwhile.*

This can be in the most basic spam can or a pressurised twin. But it's still amazing. I only have 500 hours but I just can't believe how much fun this can be ! I am afraid I am addicted.*