PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happened to me?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 19:11
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scottish,

It’s almost become a chore! Has this happened to any of you before and will my love for flying return?
Yes. And Yes.

In 2001 I hung up my flying hat and decided, it was just too much bother. Coming back home every night to hundreds of things which needed urgent attention, having the same at work, being just ready to collapse and take a dose of sleep every minute I could muster the strenght to even REST.

Took until 2009 when I realized that there was something seriously amiss. Where the hell was I in this whole quagmire of duties? Where was MY time and what was in for me in all this hassle?

Sat back quietly and thought what was missing and what was too much. Got rid of a lot of what was too much and found back time to fly. Regained my ratings (IFR not yet and that will be the hardest thanks to the Koeln ) and bought a plane again.

Don't let it get to the point where you need to start with Adam and Eve all over again, but keep current at least and don't let any ratings you might need later go to waste.

And think about it. It's bad enough as it is, but with the current bunch of ruling aviation, it's likely to get worse or stop altogether. There is only one thing those can't take away from you:

Every single flight you have done and every single trip you have achieved.