PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 17:47
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttcd, fluffy, d15

Whilst it may well fall to Marshalls to do the A8-20 work and possibly submit the recommendation to the CAA, surely both the VoC and Marshalls know that they are cutting it fine to say the least.

I think the CAA website is currently saying something along the lines of it taking 25 working days to process a Permit. If that is the case, then there isn't much hope for Waddo.

Fluffy, you can hardly say that submitting all the relevant paperwork on the 23/6 with an expiry date of the 29/6 is in a 'timely manner' can you? I mean, come on, it's not even a week for goodness sake. This is where the management of the VOC should be sorting things out. They should know how long a permit takes to process and allow sufficient time for it to be completed. Perhaps more sensibly, rarther than have the renewal in the middle of the airshow season, why not bring it forward 6 months so these problems are sorted before the public want to see her at public events such as airshows? Seems fairly logical to me

I should have expected the VOC to have learned their lesson 2 years ago, when they got the aircraft to Waddo and then blamed the CAA for everything, when clearly it was their own fault.

Doesn't look like much has changed does it? Still, lets wait and see and keep our fingers crossed that she will make it to Waddington.