PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 16:47
simplethings

Location: was closer to the action! now lazing in sunnier climes!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluffy

Delta is spot on ......if only you'd bothered to follow the link posted by Zero, and read it! The clue might be in the 'date received' - 23 June 2011. So, nothing to do with Marshalls at all then.

Hurn

If pointing out a glaring error by someone purporting to be an engineer is rude, then so be it. The fact that they came on here admitting the error is laudable, but it wont stop me from pointing out these or any further errors! By its very nature a debate has those that agree with something and those that disagree. In this instance, I disagreed with some information posted elsewhere and said so. Maybe not in terms that you liked, but that's your problem, not mine. Again, in this instance, my objections where 'vindicated'. As for interesting, I can only presume you know all about compressor surges, but decided to keep your own council.

Zero

I'm so glad you feel that the originator of erroneous engineering information, coming on here vidicates me and makes me 'appear' to know what I'm talking about!

Vulcan rigger

No apology necessary. As long as the information is correct now. None of us are infallible. Are there not people at Marshalls? I only ask as they have been involved in the winter servicing. Would that not require them to have the necessary tickets, too? I'm not entirely conversant with A8-20 regulations and their interpretation, so I may be wrong (I'll have a look in BCAR's when I get the chance).