PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QA CEO on Bloomberg regarding IATA EXC. PAY
Old 25th Jun 2011, 16:21
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top three executives?

AFAIK there is the DG (actually two of them, Bisignani leaves in October and Tyler has just started).

Then there are five senior VPs - Tom Windmuller (Member relations), Gūnther Matschnigg (Safety, Operations and Infrastructure), Mark Hubble (Marketing and Commercial), Aleks Popovich (Distribution and Financial) and Ayaz Hussain (Corporate Services)

DG had/has six other direct reports - HR guy, Senior lawyer, Internal audit, Communications, Economist and Environment guy.

All the above available on their web-site.

So if your looking for the top guys, I would say it would be either six or 12. All of these, except Hubble, are based in Geneva and will be earning Swiss Francs. Seeing as it has appreciated almost 50% against dollar in last five years any direct comparison to anybody else's currency is going to be misleading.

I'd guess that the new DG's salary is going to be comparable to what a successful airline CEO would earn as he was one after all.

I'd also suspect that their salaries aren't going to be that informative - you need to include their total compensation - car, house, bonuses, etc. Especially the bonuses.