PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 15:17
sensor_validation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BOAC
... I am struggling to see, through my ignorant eyes, why this is not relevant to 447? I know, different type and 'history', but is there not an Occams Razor lurking here?
Note this report was discussed on these forums as soon as the crash site located - the 'zoom-climb' to loose speed and stall from height being the simplest explanation Mr Occam could suggest. But clear air turbulence, daytime, 4 engines ... no Unreliable Airspeeds or Alternate 2 law - so very different protections active. Trying to match pilot inputs and the resulting elevator, Stab. and engine speeds to the resulting flightpath from the low res FDR plots in this report is still quite a challenge - what sense and scale is on the 'SS1 PT'? Compare/contrast the higher quality better labelled plots in the QF72 first interim report Investigation: AO-2008-070 - In-flight upset, VH-QPA, Airbus A330-303, 154 km west of Learmonth, Western Australia, 7 October 2008 , which is relevant with respect to the dynamic response of an A330 at FL370 but control system glitches not believed to be directly related to AF447?

Last edited by sensor_validation; 25th Jun 2011 at 15:36.