PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - best Airlines 2011
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 06:29
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown with 5 of the 10 listed airlines over the last few years and thought the results fair and indicative. As far as I know, Skytrax results are based on surveys so while the order of some of the airlines may be questionable, all 10 on the list probably deserve to me there.

While I don't like what I hear about the working environment at Qatar Airways, as a passenger I honestly cannot rate their service quality as anything less than excellent. While I question whether they are anywhere close to running a commercially sustainable airline model and whether the Qataris are simply running anything more than the ultimate in model railroad hobby sets (as opposed to a "real" and logical business), lets give some credit where credit is due here-- namely to the front-line employees who work very hard (beit under the threat of carrot or stick) to provide a top quality product.

Because of this, as a passenger and all things being equal, I would prefer travel on QR over a number of other choices.

P.S. Turkish is also on a good path towards 5-star status. Really good quality product and network. And of course, me love Thai Airways long time. _/\_