PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KAL: Why are they ALWAYS advertising for pilots?
Old 25th Jun 2011, 05:37
kimcheejones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kapitanleutnant...

The salary that is mentioned here (approx 13000.00) is all you get. There is no Loss of Licence coverage, no offshore medical coverage, if you get sick for more than thirty days, you are done. For these items, you must purchase insurance. Some of the agencies will assist you in this, or you purchase your own. A typical contract in that respect I suppose.

The chances of you ever getting overtime is about zero, as they factor your flight time for pay. Many months I have gone over the "75 hours" in flight time but have received zero overtime pay.

..And in my opinion, 13000.00, for this job, is not great at all.

Jbb747 ...

The contracts are essentially all the same for all fleets with the exception of pay. There are some minor differences between agencies. Several exist, Rishworth, CCL, GAP, etc. They are basically all the same. I'm with CCL and the guy who you'll most likely work with there (J.R) is an a.rse,,

Yes, you get 9 days off per month, and 2 days "vacation" which accumulates on a month to month basis. You can string these together each month. The schedulers are quite good at giving you the "string of days" you want each month.

Confirmed Business Class seat to and from home base. (You can switch this "home base" if you wish)

The "75 hour" overtime pay threshold is a bit of a joke. They will factor your flight time for pay purposes, so little chance of ever getting anything.

The per diem is the lowest I have ever received ..

The good thing about this job... It does allow you to live in your home country. That is significant, however I can't really think of many other good points.

Kimcheejones