PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 04:57
Joseph82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting questions nickings..
Well since the Skytrax review is based on feedback by passengers, i believe in-flight experience should be the key criteria (Safety records, Age of Fleet, On time arrivals/departures etc.. are all taken for granted in 6 star airlines)

SIA's trump card IMHO is its Cabin crew and In-flight entertainment.. However there is a clear difference in the SIA in-flight experience between the business and the economy class..

Qatar has won awards for being the best economy class in the world. Since i don't believe all the 18.8 million people who took part in the skytrax survey fly business/first, Qatar is naturally the indefinite winner...

But then again, trends indicate a shift of passenger interest towards budget flights than inflight entertainment.. (Air Asia's success formula, which SQ will soon be adopting)..

Well like Stallone mentioned, Ratings might not be very important, but if you were asked that question, i believe the answer should be somewhere along the lines of finding the delicate balance between Cost, profitability & customer experience..

Joe

Last edited by Joseph82; 26th Jun 2011 at 04:07.