PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beech Queenair
Thread: Beech Queenair
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 04:47
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 109 Likes on 62 Posts
Someone asked further back about Talair's Queenairs. I recall two, acquired in the Macair take over, which were based at Port Moresby, mostly for the Mendi scheduled air service. I believe both were finally operated by Solair. No idea where they ended their days.
Torres; I remember that when I started with Douglas Airways in early 1990 there were two Queenairs there. One was just the airframe sitting on the tarmac minus engines, instuments, avionics and seats. I have previously posted a piccy of it langtaim back on another thread. (can't remember where)
When Dz went bagarup (around September '90) I believe it was scrapped along with the Nomad which was parked next to it.

The other one was in the maintenance hangar in the process of 'coming out of a major inspection.' It never did! What happened to it I have no idea but could those two have been the ones to which you referred in your post?