PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas: How do We Save It?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 02:38
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sadly have to agree with 'Sunny',it's un-savable ...........the damage has been done Some CEO's are there to do a job, they have no heart, it's a machine that pumps money around their veins, nothing else.

'ozbiggles' I hope yr right there.

It's a new world out there now Aviation, there's little thrill in it anymore.An industry that's torn apart within. No longer do small boys lean against the airport fences with eyes as big as saucers watching pilots/planes coming & going with heads full of dreams, the CEO's have surgically removed that dream with great monetary precision!
People just fly now as a means to get from A to B at the cheapest rate possible, the latter has caused the rot, the current cheap fares are unsustainable unless we work for peanuts. We pilots have no clout,the last time such a pilot held hammer was used we got smashed!All we can do now is battle at the local level & try to make the best of an ugly situation.
I feel for the QF employees who once where proud to say I work for QF, am sure some are now keeping quiet about that.

Still we live also in interesting times, perhaps there is a God after all & we may see salvation..........................damn it, just missed that pink fairy down at the bottom of my garden again !

Wmk2