PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2011, 01:52
Xcel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frank - I can't remeber which recommendation it was - but in the actual full report it does draw attention to utilizing and allowing cross industry experience on a shared capacity - if this is given more attention it could fix the problem you've pointed to... We all know some foi's etc that fit your point but plenty which would love to continue flying AND try and help the industry through consultation and oversight of their work ESPECIALLY in reform processess such has been for the last 2 decades. Imagine that - a well thought out consultative, and engaged industry working in conjunction with the regulator through shared experience programs to enable safety in the industry...

Maybe I'm dreaming again. We are all cynical I guess due to watching history continue to repeat itself and the blind leading the blind approach of following corporate and beaurocraticnprocess so outdated and detremential to us all - the drive to the bottom may continue. But credit where credit is due this inquiry has been a long time coming and hats off to the senators for listening and trying to help us... Now we just action on the recomendations!!

Q&a Monday night - anyone going to sit int he audience? Got my questions ready...