PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Aramco - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 24th Jun 2011, 22:50
DoomedTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been lurking for a while and joined today because this seems to be the best resource for specific information about the jobs Aramco offers. I'm wondering if someone working there now could give me an idea if it's worth applying. I'm a career military aviator with over 4,000 hours, most of them in the C-130. I also have instructor time in the E.26 Tamiz (T-35 Pillan) and flew the C-26 (SA-227DC) and T-1A (Mitsubishi Diamond). I'm typed in the Herk, C-26 and T-1A, but my time and currency are mainly in the C-130.

I'm somewhat familiar with the region from my many deployments. In fact, I'm sitting in a military compound right now flying Herks from an "undisclosed location" in the ME. We've also spent time in Turkey, and I swear the Aramco housing pictures looked exactly like Incirlik base housing before they renovated it in 2007. The wife's not opposed to the idea of trying out the Aramco lifestyle.

I know the ATP is mandatory and will likely be getting a 737 type from someplace like Higher Power in Dallas, but there's no way I'm going to meet the recency/currency levels most people are talking about here for any of Aramco's planes. Does it seem like I'll have a shot with Aramco with my flying experience?

Also, if any current or recent pilots are willing/able to share salary&benefit info beyond what the company discloses, I'd love to hear it. From what I've been able to find online and some folks here with SA experience, I've heard everything from "they pay for every expense" to "you pay for everything yourself." I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between.

Thanks for the time!