PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confused about the LAPL
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2011, 22:07
Leonard320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confused about the LAPL

Hi all

I am currently doing my NPPL in a PA28. I have nearly 10 hrs in just over 6 months, so by rate of training I will be validating on to a LAPL licence instead of the NPPL one I originally started.

Due to Aspergers Syndrome I decided at my time of life, the NPPL was better for me and looking at the draft rules I'm hoping the LAPL won't cause a stop to my flying.

But after looking at numerous links, can anyone confirm what the privileges of the licence will actually be or when they will be announced?

I have seen a few things on EASA blurb, medical documents and a old CAA presentation which suggested that you will be able to fly any EU aircraft in any EU country.

What is not so clear is what additional ratings will be available( I know there are none apart for tail wheel on the NPPL) and what the minima will be.

From the above blurb it also seemed that if you had good vision and that was not the reason for an NPPL, a night rating would be available to train for as well as aerobatics. Does anyone have any information on weather this is just old and now outdated information, or something which is being looked at.

It would be nice to have other some of the other ratings like IMC available on it but as their is unlikely to be any hope on that, Im just confused on what I'll come out with the other end.

Many Thanks
Ben