PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2011, 22:07
HazelNuts39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machinbird
I tend to believe that the PF accidentally got some back stick mixed in with his lateral control efforts, causing a net nose up input over time.
Agreed.
Some have speculated that the RHS airspeed oversped. (...) I personally don't hold to this notion, but with the information we have at the moment, it is still a possibility.
I don't share that view either. If that had happened, ADR2 would have been the outlier and would have been rejected by the PRIMs. If, as svarin speculates, PRIM2 was deprived of ADR1, it would have declared ADR DISAGREE.

The occurrence of stall warning and stall point towards Alternate Law2. Is there anything in BEA's Update that points towards Normal Law?

BEA tells us that nose-up sidestick commands were made, and nose-up pitch and climb followed. In response to nose-down ss input the rate of climb reduced from 7000 to 700 fpm. We don't have all the data yet, but I expect we will get them. If the airplane response had been obviously at odds with the sidestick commands, wouldn't BEA have observed that?